I’ve had the hardest time working on my goals lately.
But reading “Forget About Setting Goals. Focus on This Instead” — By James Clear really motivated me. Instead of focusing on goals, focus on the process for the goals you want to achieve. Then create feedback loops to use as your success metric to reach those goals.
The results will not be immediate, and but the processes you put in place will help you reach the results / goals you wish to accomplish.
- To be a content creator, instead of a content consumer
- To be debt-free and fiscally responsible
- To own my own business
Every time I’ve ever tried to complete any of the above goals, I end up getting overwhelmed and stop before I even start.
Instead, I’m focusing on the processes that will get me to my goals.
Small victories win big wars.
- Start writing blog posts.
- Start budgeting. Set up systems to automate the process of expedited debt payoff and savings.
- Start breaking out tasks and looking for work.
- Did I write at least one blog article this week?
- Is my net-worth going up? And am I reducing the amount of debt I have instead of adding to it? Is my savings account balance increasing?
- Did I compete one task needed to further the business this week?
In the end, focus on doing something instead of the end result, and you’ll be that much closer to reaching your goal.